The More Loving One by W.H.Auden
成为更有爱心的人 W.H.奥登
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
抬头仰望点点繁星,我心明如镜,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
尽管它们关怀备至,我却可能走向地狱,
But on earth indifference is the least.
这时间我们最不必畏惧的,
We have to dread from man or beast.
是人类或禽兽的冷漠。
How should we like it were stars to burn
倘若繁星为我们燃烧的
With a passion for us we could not return?
是我们无以回报的感情,我们该作何感想?
If equal affection cannot be,
倘若无法产生同样的感情,
Let the more loving one be me.
就让我成为更有爱心的人。
Admirer as I think I am
尽管我认为自己心怀仰慕,
Of stars that do not give a damn,
但群星却不为所动。
I cannot, now I see them, say
现在我望向繁星,却难以启齿
I missed one terribly all day.
说我整日疯狂思念其中一颗星。
Were all stars to disappear or die
倘若所有的星星消失或陨落,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
我应该学会仰望空无夜的星空,
And feel its total dark sublime
感受那全然黑暗的庄严,
Though this might take me a little time.
尽管这可能会需要一点时间。
声明:本文素材来源网络,转载此文是出于传递更多信息之目的。若有来源标注错误或侵犯了您的合法权益,请作者持权属证明与本网联系,我们将及时更正、删除,谢谢。(养耳音乐网 | yangersao.com)
点赞支持
歌曲链接