• 525阅读
  • 0回复

[商务英语口语]BBC步入商界Unit 17 Comparing Products and Prices 比较产品和价格 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
 

发帖
7212
铜币
7426
威望
7386
贡献值
0
银元
0
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 楼主   发表于: 2020-12-19

Unit 17 Comparing products and prices 比较产品和价格
KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn&
39; t doing as well as we had hoped.
凯特.麦凯纳:大老板销售没有我们预计的好。
We didn&
39; t launch at the right time.
我们推出产品的时间不太合适。
I myself don&
39; t think the market was ready for us.
我本人认为市场还不成熟。
Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories.
商人丹推出的时间迟,价格又便宜 或许我们该在几个主要地区把市场放在低收入消费者身上。
EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt?
爱德华.格林:打扰一下,我能插一句吗?
DON BRADLEY: Sure.
堂.布拉德利:当然。
EDWARD GREEN: I&
39; ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.
爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。
KATE MCKENNA: Oh really?
凯特.麦凯纳:哦,真的吗?
EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts.
爱德华.格林:他想开个会讨论一下优惠的问题。
Although he&
39; s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise.
尽管他说的订货数量很大,但他要的条件已经超出了给我的授权。
Would you prefer to deal with him yourself?
你要不要亲自处理?
DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want?
堂.布拉德利:他要多大的优惠?
EDWARD GREEN: He didn&
39; t say.
爱德华.格林:他不肯说。
But I think it&
39; s higher than anything we&
39; ve ever given before.
但我想比我们之前所有的优惠都高。
He loved the product, though.
不过,他到是喜欢这件产品。
I think he&
39; s ready to negotiate.
我认为他是可以沟通的。
DON BRADLEY: I think it&
39; s time that we worked on this together.
堂.布拉德利:我认为到了我们齐心协力做这件事情的时候了。
Do you agree?
你同意吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes!
爱德华.格林:同意!
KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop?
凯特.麦凯纳:爱德华,你要来研发室吗?
Derek wants to show us his latest idea.
德里克想给我们看一下他最新的想法。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I&
39; ll join you later.
爱德华.格林:好的。我过会来。
DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team.
堂.布拉德利:不,我认为德里克想告诉整个团队。
Come on!
来吧!
KATE MCKENNA: Well, it&
39; s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop?
凯特.麦凯纳:嗯,是个好注意,但生产出来要多少成本?
DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think.
德里克.琼斯:不会比你想的多。
KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive.
凯特.麦凯纳:会太贵的。
DEREK JONES: No, not really.
德里克.琼斯:不,不会。
I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs.
我已经准备了一份详尽严谨的生产成本分析。
See for yourself.
你们自己看吧。
KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell.
凯特.麦凯纳:销路不会好。
Who&
39; s the market for this?
谁是目标市场?
DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers.
德里克.琼斯:这比大老板还要接近高消费市场,但也会吸引儿童以及经理人和办公室工作人员。
KATE MCKENNA: But that&
39; s the problem Derek.
凯特.麦凯纳:不过,德里克,这就是问题所在啊。
There&
39; s no market focus.
没有市场焦点。
Do you remember the Easirite two years ago?
你还记得两年前的Easirite 吗?
We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product.
我们这款产品外表美观、设计精美但价格太高。
It was great.
产品很不错。
Parents and children could both use it.
家长和孩子们都用。
But could we sell it?
但我们有卖动吗?
No, it failed because we hadn&
39; t defined our market.
没有,我们没有成功就是因为没有划定市场。
DEREK JONES: But this is different.
德里克.琼斯:但这款不同。
This is more fun than Easirite.
这个比Easirite还有趣。
DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts.
堂.布拉德利:生产费还好,不过活动的部件太多。
DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell.
德里克.琼斯:汽车也是这样啊,还不是照卖不误。
KATE MCKENNA: That&
39; s not the point.
凯特.麦凯纳:问题不在这里。
The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong
活动的部件越多,出错的可能性就越大。
DEREK JONES: I don&
39; t agree.
德里克.琼斯:我不同意。
DON BRADLEY: Let抯&
39; s just hold on a second and think about this.
堂.布拉德利:我们先等等,仔细考虑一下。
Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can&
39; t see a market for it.
德里克,你喜欢这个概念,并且认为会有市场;凯特,你认为不会有市场。
KATE MCKENNA: I can&
39; t see where it fits in our product range.
凯特.麦凯纳:我看不出这件产品该归入那个系列。
DON BRADLEY: I&
39; m inclined to agree with Kate.
堂.布拉德利:我倾向凯特的意见。
This is much more expensive than anything else we market.
这件产品比我们销售的任何产品都贵。
KATE MCKENNA: Although it&
39; s a wonderful idea, we just won&
39; t be able to sell it.
凯特.麦凯纳:虽然想法很棒,我们却卖不动。
You must see that yourself, Derek.
德里克,你本人也一定是这样看的吧。
DEREK JONES: Well not really...
德里克.琼斯:也不是
DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think?
堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为怎么样?
EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek?
爱德华.格林:德里克,我能不能先确认一下?
Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic?
你是不是在说有这样一种够细又够柔韧的塑料来使这一切成为现实?
DEREK JONES: Exactly.
德里克.琼斯:一点不错。
EDWARD GREEN: That&
39; s brilliant.
爱德华.格林:太好了。
On paper, I think it&
39; s the most remarkable thing I&
39; ve seen.
从理论上来说,我认为那是我见过的最非凡的东西。
DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something.
堂.布拉德利:或许爱德华有这方面的资料。
Maybe we ought to have a closer look.
或许我们该看的得更细些。
DANNY MCNEIL: I don&
39; t know what&
39; s happened to your boss.
丹尼.麦克内尔:不知道你老板有什么事。
He knows I never start my meetings late.
他知道我从不晚开会的。
Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around?
你要在这儿等堂还是四处走走?
EDWARD GREEN: If it&
39; s alright with you, I&
39; d like to look around.
爱德华.格林:如果你没什么问题,我想四处走走。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good choice.
丹尼.麦克内尔:选的不错。
DANNY McNEIL: Of course, I have two or three meetings a day with sales people like you.
丹尼.麦克内尔:当然,我每天和跟你一样的销售人员开2、3次会。
EDWARD GREEN It&
39; s very good of you to see me.
爱德华.格林: 你能来看我真是太好了。
DANNY MCNEIL: I always talk to my suppliers myself--it&
39; s the best way of working.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我一直跟我的供应商讲--这是最佳的工作方式。
And I always prefer to bring them down here--they get a better idea of our operation.
并且我总是把他们带到这里--他们会有更好的运营想法。
They must understand how we work.
他们必须明白我们是怎样工作的。
Our success is based upon a certain formula.
我们的成功是有一定的规则的。
Whereas most supermarkets target individual territories, our products are pan-European.
尽管大多数超市把目标市场定在单个的区域,我们的产品是面向全欧洲的。
We always buy in the products with the best sales performance--products with a proven track record.
我们总是购买销售最佳的产品--那些被证明有记录的产品。
We look for the biggest discounts, and we usually get them.
我们寻求最大的优惠,通常我们也会得到最大的优惠。
DANNY MCNEIL: Mcneil.
丹尼.麦克内尔:麦克内尔。
DON BRADLEY: Danny, it&
39; s Don Bradley here.
堂.布拉德利:丹尼,我是堂.布拉德利 。
DANNY MCNEIL: Good Morning, Don.
丹尼.麦克内尔:早上好, 堂。
I thought I was meeting you here.
我原以为会在这里跟你见面的。
DON BRADLEY: I&
39; m sorry Danny.
堂.布拉德利:对不起,丹尼。
That was the plan, but I&
39; m going to be late.
本来计划是这样的,但我会迟点。
This meeting is taking longer than expected.
这次会议比预期的要长。
DANNY MCNEIL: Oh. When can you get here?
丹尼.麦克内尔:哦。你什么时候可以到这里?
DON BRADLEY: I&
39; ll be there as soon as I can.
堂.布拉德利:我会尽快赶到那里。
Is Edward with you?
爱德华跟你一起吗?
DANNY MCNEIL: He is.
丹尼.麦克内尔:他在。
DON BRADLEY: Could you start the meeting without me?
堂.布拉德利:你可以不要管我,开始开会吗?
Edward knows the situation.
爱德华知道情况。
Oh, and can I have a quick word with him?
哦,我能跟他很快地说两句吗?
DANNY MCNEIL: I&
39; ll pass the phone to him.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我会把电话给他。
DANNY McNEIL: Okay. It&
39; s for you--it抯 Don Bradley, he抯 got a problem.
丹尼.麦克内尔:好的。找你的--是堂.布拉德利,他出点问题。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh, thanks.
爱德华.格林:哦,谢谢。
DANNY MCNEIL: Would you like a word in private?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你们要私下谈吗?
EDWARD GREEN: If you don&
39; t mind.
爱德华.格林:如果你不介意。
DON BRADLEY: Sorry Edward.
堂.布拉德利:抱歉,爱德华。
I&
39; m stuck in a meeting here.
我还在这边开会。
You&
39; ll have to deal with Mcneil by yourself.
你得自己对付麦克内尔了。
EDWARD GREEN: Oh.
爱德华.格林:哦。
DON BRADLEY: Can you talk?
堂.布拉德利:你说话方便吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, he&
39; s stepped away for a few minutes.
爱德华.格林:是的,他离开了几分钟。
Do you really want me to negotiate?
你真的想让我谈判?
Wouldn&
39; t you rather postpone the meeting?
你不能推迟会议吗?
DON BRADLEY: How do you feel about it?
堂.布拉德利:你认为呢?
EDWARD GREEN: I&
39; m happy to go ahead, I think.
爱德华.格林:我认为,我会很高兴可以继续下去。
DON BRADLEY: You don&
39; t sound sure.
堂.布拉德利:你语气不是很肯定啊。
EDWARD GREEN: I&
39; m not.
爱德华.格林:是不肯定。
DON BRADLEY: Look: we&
39; ve talked about this negotiation.
堂.布拉德利:听我说:我们谈过这次谈判。
You know the game plan.
你也知我们的计划。
Do your best...I&
39; ll be there as soon as I can.
尽力去做我会尽快赶过去。
EDWARD GREEN: Okay Don.
爱德华.格林:好的,堂。
I&
39; ll do what I can. See you later.
我会尽力的。稍后见。
DANNY MCNEIL: Okay?
丹尼.麦克内尔:好了?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes, thanks.
爱德华.格林:是的,谢谢。
DANNY MCNEIL: So Don can&
39; t make it.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这么说堂赶不及了。
Oh well, right, what was I saying?
哦,好吧,我刚刚说到哪儿了?
Oh yes: discounts.
哦,对了:优惠。
EDWARD GREEN: We&
39; re certainly happy to talk about possible discounts.
爱德华.格林:能谈一下可能的优惠,我们是十分开心的。
DANNY MCNEIL: You see this?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你看到了吗?
EDWARD GREEN: Yes.
爱德华.格林:是的。
DANNY MCNEIL: How many of these do you think we&
39; ve sold in Europe in the last month?
丹尼.麦克内尔:你认为我们上个月在欧洲售出了多少?
EDWARD GREEN: 1,800 - 2,000.
爱德华.格林:1,800 - 2,000件。
DANNY McNEIL: We sell more than that weekly.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们每周的销售量都比这多。
EDWARD GREEN: How much do you sell it for?
爱德华.格林:你们的定价是多少呢?
DANNY MCNEIL: This retails in France for 130 FF--we sell it much cheaper--90FF.
丹尼.麦克内尔:这个在法国的零售价是130法郎--我们卖的很便宜--90法郎。
EDWARD GREEN: That&
39; s very impressive.
爱德华.格林:很不错嘛。
DANNY MCNEIL: I work on higher volumes and I have to move products faster than any other retailer.
丹尼.麦克内尔:我们做的是更大的量,我必须比其他的零售商工作要快。
That means I operate on smaller margins.
这就意味着我的利润率很低。
And, I repeat, I expect the largest discounts in the industry.
我再次重复,我想要这行里最大的优惠。
But over here--here&
39; s a product that failed.
但,这儿--这个产品我们没有成功。
We made a mistake with this one--of course, I didn&
39; t select this one myself.
我们在这个产品上犯了错--当然,这个不是我本人选的产品。
Right you&
39; ve seen how our operation works.
好了,你也了解了我们的运作情况。
You know what I&
39; m after.
你也知道我想要的是什么。
Let&
39; s get down to business.
我们就公事公办吧。
Would you prefer to talk here or in my office?
你愿意在这儿还是到我的办公室谈?
EDWARD GREEN: The office is fine.
爱德华.格林:到办公室吧。

声明:本文素材来源网络,转载此文是出于传递更多信息之目的。若有来源标注错误或侵犯了您的合法权益,请作者持权属证明与本网联系,我们将及时更正、删除,谢谢。(养耳音乐网 | yangersao.com)

点赞支持 歌曲链接
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
 
快速回复
限100 字节
如果您提交过一次失败了,可以用”恢复数据”来恢复帖子内容
 
上一个 下一个