中英对照:
就这样
And just like that,
我在合众国军队的生活结束了
my service in the United States Army was over.
所以我回家
So I went home.
我回家了,妈妈
I'm home, Mama.
我知道,我知道
I know. I know .
露西,他来了
Louise, he's here .
当我回家时,我不知道做什么
Now, when I got home, I had no idea,
但妈妈有很多访客
but Mama had all sorts of visitors.
我们有客人来访
We've had all sorts of visitors .
每个人都想要你用他们的乒乓器材
Everybody wants you to use their Ping-Pong stuff.
有个人还留了一张两万五的支票
One man even left a check for $25,000
希望你能说:你爱用他们的球拍
if you'd be agree able to saying you like using their paddle.
我只爱用我自己的球拍
I only like using my own paddle.
嗨,露西小姐
Hi, Miss Louise.
嘿,福雷斯
Hey, Forrest.
我知道,可那是两万五啊,福雷斯
I know that, but it's $25,000, Forrest.
我想也许你可以试用一段时间
I thought maybe you could hold it for a while,
看看顺不顺手
see if it grows on you.
妈妈的确说得对
That Mama, she sure was right.
事情总是出乎意料
It's funny how things work out.