中英对照:
你是疯子还是傻瓜?
Are you crazy or just plain stupid?
做傻事的才是傻瓜,布鲁太太
Stupid is as stupid does, Mrs. Blue.
我想也是
I guess.
当然
And, of course,
我也去看望了布巴本人
I paid my respect to Bubba himself.
嘿,布巴,是我,福雷斯甘
Hey, Bubba. It's me, Forrest Gump.
我记得你说过的话
I remember everything you said,
我已经安排好了
and I got it all figured out.
我带来两万四千五百六十二块四毛七分
I'm taking $24,562.47
这是我所有的钱
that I got, that's left
其它钱用来理发和买新衣服
after a new hair cut and a new suit
还有带妈妈上街吃了一顿好饭
and took Mama out to a real fancy dinner,
还买了车票,还买了三瓶汽水
and I bought a bus ticket, then three Dr. Peppers.
告诉我
Tell me something.
你是傻瓜吗?
Are you stupid or something?
做傻事的才是傻瓜,先生
Stupid is as stupid does, sir.
我拿到这些钱是因为我说:
That's what's left after me saying,
“我和全美乒乓球队在中国时,
"When I was in China on the all-America Ping-Pong team,
“我最喜欢打乒乓球…
"I just loved playing Ping-Pong
“用我的菲利奥莱乒乓球拍”
with my Flex-O-Lite Ping-Pong paddle,"
谁都知道这不是真话
which everybody knows isn't true,
但妈妈说它只是一个善意的谎话
but Mama said it was just a little white lie,
它不会伤害任何人
so it wasn't hurting nobody.