中英对照:
你们在看什么?
What are y'all staring at?
从来没有见过小孩子戴脚撑的吗?
Haven't you ever seen a little boy with braces on his legs before?
不要管其它人
Don't ever let anybody
说他们比你强,福雷斯
tell you they're better than you, Forrest.
如果上帝要让人人都一样的话
If God intended everybody to be the same,
他会给每人一双脚撑
he'd have given us all braces on our legs.
妈妈总有办法让我明白她的意思
Mama always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them.
我们住在17号公路附近
We lived about a quarter mile off Route 17,
距离亚拉巴马州绿茵镇约半哩
about a half mile from the town of Greenbow, Alabama.
这个地方属于绿茵县
That's in the county of Greenbow.
我们的房子来自妈妈的家族
Our house had been in Mama's family
从她爷爷的爷爷的爷爷传下来的
since her grandpa's grandpa's grandpa
他大概在一千年前飘洋过海来这里
had come across the ocean about a thousand years ago.
房子只有我和妈妈住
Since it was just me and Mama
我们有好多空房间
and we had all these empty rooms,
妈妈将这些空房出租
Mama decided to let those rooms out,
给路过的人住
mostly to people passing through,
比如从莫比镇、或蒙哥马利镇来的人
Like from, oh, Mobile, Montgomery, places like that.
我和妈妈靠这个挣到钱
That's how me and Mama got money.
妈妈是个很聪明的女士
Mama was a real smart lady.
记住我说的话,福雷斯
Remember what I told you, Forrest.
你和其它任何人是一样的
You're no different than anybody else is.
听清楚了没有,福雷斯?
Did you hear what I said, Forrest?
你和其它人是一样的
You're the same as everybody else.
你并没有什么不一样
You are no different.